[sword-devel] spam problem with wiki

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Jun 15 14:59:23 MST 2007

We have now the the FAQ which is meant to be read by everyone, not just
developers. It would be very embarrasing to have certain kind of spam
there. The spam problem seems to have increased and spam may be added to
any page. I suggest that the wiki should have user accounts. There's no
reason to keep the editing possibility open to anyone without
logging in first. Anyone would still be free to create an account.

I don't know if there are other spamfighting techiques for mediawiki.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland