[sword-devel] Building GenBooks programatically

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 00:21:38 MST 2007

Hi,

I would like to have the ability to turn gospel harmonies into
GenBooks from inside my application, and let the user edit them using
a standard tree control and an editor.

I have a number of questions:

1. How do I create an empty GenBook? How do I install this to the
user's sword directory (no InstallManager support in Swig bindings yet
:(

2. How do I add content to a GenBook i.e Add/remove nodes, add content, etc.

3. What format is used for genbooks? If the user inputs as html or
plaintext, do I have to add other formatting?

4. Can I link to other nodes inside my genbook (using standard procedures)?

5. Is it worth placing  something like Feature=Harmony to tell other
programs that is a harmony?

I'm not even sure how to create a genbook from an imp file. When I
tried using imp2gbs, and wrote my own mods.conf, it crashed my
interactive python session when I tried mymod.RenderText() :(

God Bless,
Ben