[sword-devel] diatheke plain output - line breaks missing?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 22 21:43:15 MST 2007

DM,
	Yes, you are correct that it seems some filters have stopped handling
(or never did handle) some whitespace correctly.  Bummer.

Benjie,
	Yes, this is exactly correct.  To help get started, may I point to a
few critical points of code:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/include/defs.h
for adding a new enum value, FMT_...

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/mgr/markupfiltmgr.cpp
At the very end of this file is where you would add a case for your new
FMT_ and supply your new filter set.  A good start would be to merely
copy and rename the *plain.cpp filters to your *console.cpp (or whatever
you want to call them).  Then you can add your beautification code as
you have time, keeping things working at least as good as they do now
using the *plain filters for console output.

Hope this helps.  Blessings in your efforts.

	-Troy.