[sword-devel] StripText() result not converted to UTF-8?

Joachim Ansorg nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Sun Feb 18 09:40:12 MST 2007

Hi,
replying to myself.

I've been wrong in some of my assumptions.

JFB is ThML. It contains the entity Æ

StripText() calls the filter ThMLPlain which converts the Æ into 0xC9,
which is the corresponding cp1252 character code.

I thought that StripText() would remove all markup and return text in the
encoding given to EncodingFilterMgr.

My question:
Is that right or wrong?

Some help would be wonderful,