[sword-devel] SwordReader - problem with Rev 22

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 28 00:12:08 MST 2007

Barry,
I found the error. The problem is with the way the state information for
the current book is being stored. There is a variable in SwordIndex
called bible, (I assume this was created for convenience.)  but this
same information exists in the VerseKey variable named 'position'. I
need to go through the code and remove the dependency on this lone
'book' variable because it is not always changed (thus not up to date)
when the verse is set, such as when I read in the last position from
options.conf and set the position in the SimpleNavigator constructor.

What was happening was the book was erroneously set to book 1
(SwordIndex constructor default value) but the VerseKey was set
correctly to "Rev" and when it was asked how many verses are in chapter
22 of Revelation, the question really being asked was how many verses in
chapter 22 of Genesis, and that value was 30 something, and there are
only 20 something verses in chapter 22 so it would increment to the next
verse, setting up the perfect storm for an infinite loop. ;-)

Its going to take me a couple of days to get this fixed correctly. I
have an initial fix on my machine now but it was more a hack to be sure
this was the case.

Thanks again for pointing that out.

--
In Christ,