[sword-devel] SwordReader - text handling - was 'Option support added'

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Wed Dec 26 06:46:26 MST 2007

Barry,
OK, I read the correspondences and I am open to having Lynn's stuff in the Sword Engine, that is not a problem for me because it would be a part of the mainline Sword Engine, but its going to take a lot of time to add that, I'd imagine. So I am happy to that we see eye to eye on this issue.

Now about the HTML rendering as I stated earlier I had done some timings and found where most of the time was being lost and it is in the HTML engine not sword lookups. I will try to do a timing of what Troy has suggested to prove this point further. Bottom line is we have nothing to loose (except my time) to have me write our own text viewer and if it fails we just won't include it in our code. I am OK with that.
--
In Christ,
David Trotz