[sword-devel] ISV, OSIS or ThML

Jonathan Gabriel jojogabriel at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 10:44:32 MST 2007

I'm creating a Python program that will compare two versions of the ISV Bible.  My main objective is to find out what changes have been made on the verse level (text and format).  The original text is in Word 2007 XML format.  I'm planning to convert the text to either OSIS or ThML prior to comparison.  Hopefully, the converted text could also be used by other softwares.

Questions:
1.  Is there a similar project in the Sword community?
2.  Which standard (OSIS or ThML) would you recommend and why?