[sword-devel] Tagging verses and verse lists

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Dec 18 07:05:29 MST 2007

"Jonathan Morgan" <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> writes:
> Possibly they are implemented in the same way, but, coming along as
> the user, I see a "bookmark" as a mark for something that I want to go
> back to, and so a relatively temporary thing. [...]  On the other
> hand, I would view "verse lists" as a more permanent thing which I
> build up over time, and which is module independent.

I don't agree with this at all.  In fact, for me it is just the opposite
-- bookmarks are items I've studied or reviewed in some way, and want a
way to track them for the indefinite future.  A verse list is just
something transient, often something that came out of a recent search,
and I'll work with them for the next half hour or the next half day, and
then they'll be gone.

As DM just said, as an implementation structure, they're the same
thing.  It's a matter of the metaphor by which they're presented.