[sword-devel] Cocoa SWORD?

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Mon Dec 17 12:11:40 MST 2007

I'm trying to learn to write Cocoa/Python apps on my new OS X Leopard
MacBook Pro. I'm traditionally a Java and Web programmer, so I'm not
really in my element here.

I've downloaded and compiled the sword API, but I haven't installed it
because I think I want to include the .dylib in my project directly,
rather than installing it in my /usr/local, right? Doing a "make
install" on it would break portability, if I'm understanding it right.

I think my first task is to get the SWORD API built into a Mac OS X
framework. Has anyone done this already? Or do you just link against a
command-line-compiled version of the .dylib?

First of many questions, I'm sure...

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com