[sword-devel] SwordReader - Experimental Double Buffering added.]

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 14 02:54:47 MST 2007

Hi David .......

David Trotz wrote:
> Verse scrolling is now fixed and committed.
I can see the advantage ......  but it's broken something!  On the ARM
emulator (remember that this is incredible slow, so you can see the
'stages' it goes through).  On the ARM emulator, go to Matt 1:1 and turn
on morphs in kjv.  It fairly quickly shows half a screen with the
morphs, but clicking on them does nothing 'till the whole screen gets
painted.  On the emulator there's time to make a coffee while you're
waiting.  If you tap on 'books' while things are re-building, you get
books and texts highlighted, but nothing seems to work properly - I gave
up waiting at this point .........  the only menubar item that worked
was the menu button so I shut it down.

KJV again, fired it up and went straight to the books menubar item
(before the main buffer had chance to load).  This froze everything
except the shutdown option which worked.

Still with the kjv.  Leave time for it to load the main buffer, then do
books/Psalm 8 v 1 - this seems not to display anything at all.

I've not tried any other operations beyond those, but that should give
you some things to go on.  For the moment, I'm going to restore the old
files as the one I'm working on is not among your committed files.

Sorry to bring bad news to what is actually going to be a valuable
concept .........  great work so far!!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).