[sword-devel] Wiki

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Aug 22 12:41:48 MST 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, jonathon wrote:
> On 08/19/2007 11:42 AM, * Chris Little wrote:
>
> > I don't understand the need for lists of other Bible software or of
>
> Before I changed the question on the wiki it read "How do I convert my
> e-Sword files to Sword files".
>
> I thought that rephrasing that question to a more generic one would be
> more suitable.

Changing the FAQ entry was right, it should have been done earlier. I
don't see how your and Chris' comment relate.

> > appropriate Copyright circulars or FAQ entries at copyright.gov.
>
> OK.  Also need to link to the relevant court decisions.

I think we should offer no information about any details. I have thought
earlier about and actually started writing a text which explains what
copyright means and how it affects us. The purpose would be to help
people understand why we cannot or can use some texts, but not to give
any legal details about any copyright legislation. It would be good to
have links to external FAQs or e.g.
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:Copyright_How-To. Court
decisions are not very useful for our purposes.

One question which arises every now and then is why we cannot use some
texts which are not in original condition, like Thayer's.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland