[sword-devel] Picture Bible proposal

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 11:32:31 MST 2007

One of the things I would like to see is picture indexing. That is, for
a map, a point (x,y) or a region (x1,y1,x2,y2) could be associated with
a label. This could be done with a variation of Troy's Papyrus tagger.
These labeled locations could be stored in an adjunct module type as
tuples (imageFilePath, image dimensions, Label, coordinates). Any module
having images could be augmented with this adjunct.

Then one could use the adjunct module as a Dictionary to do lookups. The
coordinates could be used to overlay an outline for regions or an arrow
(or X) for points.