[sword-devel] Picture Bible proposal

peter refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Aug 21 10:41:35 MST 2007

I have started to work on - and wonder what others think of - a Genbook
module incorporating a good collection of Public Domain or freely
licensed pictures of Biblical places, archeology, etc.

I will put my collection as it grows into

www.crosswire.org/~refdoc/ImageGenbook/images

and will also soon start trying to put them into some sensible genbook
format.

I am more than happy to accept help + advice as such a module could
obviously a) be sizable and b) be a nightmare to organise.

I will restrict myself in this moment to Wikipedia/Wikimedia as this
makes the licensing info relatively easy to organise. I will also
restrict myself to either actual photos or serious reconstructions, but
not use artistic impressions or other art. I would think there is ample
scope for makiing an Biblical Art Genbook, but I do not think this will
be what I will do.

Peter