[sword-devel] Building Sword with MinGW

Dominic Tubach dtubach at web.de
Mon Aug 13 02:10:42 MST 2007

Hi,
this is the first time I write to this list, so time to introduce myself. My
name is Dominic. I'm developer of QProjector (http://qprojector.sf.net).
Currently I'm developing a Scripture plugin based on Sword. After figureing
out how to use Sword I've now a plugin which runs on Linux, but doesn't run
on Windows because I still don't get Sword to compile with MinGW. I just
tried ./configure && make. The first problem is in ftplib.c line 44 (#include
<sys/socket.h> - no such file). This happens because for some reason __unix__
is defined. So I opened Makefile and replaced the
flags -DUNIX -Dunix -D__unix__ with -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D__WIN32__. However
there are still some undeclared identifiers in ftplib.c: F_GETFL, F_SETFL,
O_NONBLOCK, EWOULDPROGRESS, EINPROGRESS. As for some mails in the list
archive it is possible to compile Sword with MinGW. Has anybody an idea how
to do this?

Dominic