[sword-devel] Cross references and RTF format

jc4life jc4life at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:50:03 MST 2007

I had a question about dealing with scripture cross-references when
displaying RTF text. When using RTF format to display the DBD devotional,
the output is valid RTF but contains < a href= ""> and < /a> tags. So far I
have been using the text between the href tags as:

                 // parse the verse list
	    sword::VerseKey vk;
	    sword::ListKey list = vk.ParseVerseList( text_between_tags , vk ,
TRUE);

	   // iterate through the list of verses and get the corresponsing text for
each verse

              for(list= sword::TOP; !list.Error(); list++)
                {
	  sword::VerseKey key = (const char*) list;

	  pBibleModule ->setKey(key);

              CString displayText = pBiblemodule->StripText();

	   }

This text-between-tags approach works reasonably well but fails at several
places. For example, In the DBD devotional for August 15th,

.. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed
us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ" (Romans
7:18 and Ephesians 1:3).

Here, I can only obtain Romans 7:18 using ParseVerseList and not Ephesians
1:3.

Is there are better way to obtain scripture cross-references in RTF format?

Thanks greatly.