[sword-devel] Sword OSIS quotation mark handling question

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 30 15:57:22 MST 2007

Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> The same
> technique would be useful for translating the USFM \qt ...\qt* markup
> (which is marked verse-by-verse to indicate OT quotes in the NT) to <q
> marker="" who="OT" sID="somethingunique">...<q marker="" who="OT"
> eID="somethingunique">. If you regard this as acceptable, then I'll just
> embrace it quickly before anyone objects. :-)

I seem to recall that there is some special markup for OT quotes in the
NT. Troy should know since this was one of his things. I seem to
remember something about "otCite" but I don't see it in the schema.

There's always <hi type="small-caps">. :) (Um... not that I would ever
recommend such heresy as taking semantic markup from USFM and turning it
into presentation in OSIS.

--Chris