[sword-devel] Lemmas for different languages in modules

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Apr 27 05:43:33 MST 2007

In Finnish, like in B-Greek, words (verbs, nouns etc.) have paradigms.
Like in Greek you can't always deduct the lemma from the word form: "yö"
(night) may become "yöllä", "öitä" etc. Intelligent parsing engine is
possible in theory but not in practice.

I have a dream that some day all Finnish people could search their
Bibles using lemmas. It could be useful for some other languages also.

There is "lemma" tag in OSIS, but it seems to be used for Strong's
number in some module(s). Is that right? If I want to add Finnish lemmas
in a Finnish module, what should I do? Would Sword/frontends index
lemmas for lucene automatically so that they become useful?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland