[sword-devel] Fw: new free borland IDE for all langs!

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Thu Sep 14 08:07:39 MST 2006

L.Allan-pbio wrote:
> FYI:
>
> www.borland.com/us/products/turbo/index.html
>
> I haven't installed or evaluated these (C++, Delphi, Delphi-Net, C#) and
> they are huge files.

Cool! I needed something productive to do with my new broadband connection!
I'm still downloading, but it looks like the only major drawback to the
free versions is that they have disabled the addition of any third-party
components, and provided fewer components with the package. They do,
however, include database connectivity, which they didn't do in the
previous free version of Delphi. They also limit you to installing only
one of the free language packages at a time (or per virtual machine).