[sword-devel] HTML Designers / Papyri Database

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Sep 5 22:31:06 MST 2006

Been slow going still, but have updated the demo a little.  It uses
something more interesting: P46, page 1, recto.

It now auto-zooms the image to the width of your browser, on load.  You
can still use the mouse-wheel to zoom as you'd like.

New boxes duplicate the dimensions of the last box and are initially
positioned to something sane based on which (before/after) link was clicked.

You can actually type the letter on your keyboard to perform the
transcription (provided you can switch to a Unicode keyboard IME-- works
in GNOME).

The current image is about 6 megs, so it might take a little while to
load the page.  Something in production would probably initially load a
lower res images until zoom level required more... but this is just a
concept app.

I think I still need to redo the design to work well in IE.

Anyway, have a look if you're interested.

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/papyriedit/transcribeLevel1.jsp

	-Troy.