[sword-devel] new BibleCS for testing
paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Mon Sep 4 23:42:48 MST 2006
Thanks for providing these.
Some observations with 1.5.9 pre1 and ESV dated Aug 10, 2006 on a computer
* Seems like too much "white space" at the top. With Gen 1, there is the
Chapter 1 on a line by itself, and then five blank lines. There are three
lines before the paragraph heading, "The Six Days of Creation.". For a
person having a monitor with 800x600 resolution, they aren't going to see
* In the "Preferences" + "Display" , there is the option for "Start Each
Verse On New Line" to control whether there is "paragraph grouping." In the
chapters that are largely poetic (like the Psalms and Song of Solomon),
there is so much white-space that you don't see many verses. Could there be
an option to show or not show poetic line breaks?
* The paragraph header for 1st Kings 20:30-31 isn't quite right. According
to the hardcopy ESV, the order should be:
30a: And the rest ...
30b: Ben-hadad also fled and entered ...
31: And his servants ...
* There is a cross-reference in the chapter sub-heading for Ps 34:
Of David, when he <1 Sam 21:13> changed ...
* Song of Solomon 1. The "She" speaker-id is cutting off the top of
verse-number 2, which is on a line by itself. Same thing happens with SS 1:8
* KJV-2006 (files dated Aug 10, 2006), Gen 1 (and many others ... if not
all) have repeated chapter number at the top. The first actual verse doesn't
show up until the 9th or 10th line.
* WEB (files dated Mar 29, 2005) Gen 1 (and many others ... if not all) have
repeated book names and chapter, and lots of spacing.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Little" <chrislit at crosswire.org>
To: "SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum" <sword-devel at crosswire.org>
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 3:12 PM
Subject: [sword-devel] new BibleCS for testing
> I've posted a new build of BibleCS, incorporating the new version of
> ICU. There are, I realize, some bugs in some of the transliterators,
> which I will try to hunt down and fix, but they only crop up if you try
> to do some less useful transliterations. You will need both of these
> files; unzip them both to the same directory:
More information about the sword-devel