[sword-devel] Questions about making module from usual book text

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Oct 12 13:58:08 MST 2006

Сергей,
	sword can be build with ICU (Unicode support) or without.  So you can
either install libicu-devel, or else edit the sword usrinst.sh file and
look for the icu option near the top and change the line to exclude it.

	Here is what I have installed on my FC5 system:

[root at charis ~]# rpm -qa | grep -i icu
libicu-3.4-6.2
libicu-devel-3.4-6.2
icu-3.4-6.2

	For deciding which utility to use, you have to decide how your import
file is divided up.  If it is formatted:

$$$Key1
data1
$$$Key2
data2

then you would use the imp2gbs utility for a book.  If it uses OSIS or
ThML to divide up the to sections, then you would use xml2gbs.

Please note that the utility doesn't depend on the actual tag set you
used in the data of each section.  In other words, you can still divide
up your entries using the 'imp' structure and the data for each section
could have OSIS tags.  Once imported into a sword module, the
corresponding .conf (configuration file) will have an entry:

SourceType=OSIS

(or ThML, or whatever tags you choose to use in your module; OSIS is
preferred.)

	Hope this is helpful,

		-Troy.