[sword-devel] Hesychius / MacSword / 1.5.9

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 23 19:07:36 MST 2006

Awesome Manfred!  It looks much better!

> The keys of GenBook are now checked if they are UTF or Latin. Is there a
> general method which gives information about if a module is encoded in UTF?

module->getConfigEntry("Encoding")

But, in general, everything should be UTF-8 going forward.  It would be
acceptable to assume UTF-8 always.

> The indexing with Lucene seems to work correct for GenBook also with UTF
> key and content, also for Hesychius. Searching seems to find the correct
> results as far as I can tell. There is some XML content in the content
> of the key which is displayed in the search result. I'm, not sure where
> this comes from.

It looks like the hesychius.conf file is incorrect.  This line needs to
be changed:

-SourceType=Plain
+SourceType=OSIS

> On double clicking on the search result row, the correct key with its
> content is opened. But unfortunately on choosing a key in the content
> pane on the right the content doesn't change, so there is still a problem.

module->setKey takes UTF-8.  Be sure you are converting it back to UTF-8
before passing it to the API.

> API problems from Sword 1.5.8 to 1.5.9:
> In TreeKeyIdx getFullName() doesn't seem to be there, I changed to
> getLocalName() and it seems to work, please let me know if this is correct.

Almost.  getFullName was TreeKey-specific to return the entire path of
the key and was removed in favor of overriding the base-class virtual
getText.  It should probably be changed to getText.  getLocalName
returns only the immediate name of the node which is current.

> MacSword, uses BT_BASICFILTER class from BibleTime which is a subclass
> of SWBasicFilter.
> In a method in BT_BASICFILTER, tokenSubMap is used and the compiler
> tells me that this is unknown. Have no idea why.

I've never heard of BT_BASICFILTER.  Sorry.

Thank you so much Manfred!  This looks very nice!

	-Troy.