[sword-devel] sword module repository

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 17:12:01 MST 2006

	JSword uses HTTP tunneling to get to the modules' zip files and to
the catalog of modules. Specifically it expects the following structure:
	(note: a/b/c/root can be any path of your choosing)
	(note: it must be packages/rawzips)
	(note: it must be raw/mods.d.tar.gz)

With regard to the naming of the zips, each module's conf specifies
the "initials" of the name on the first non-blank line in [] as in
[KJV] and the zip is expected to have this name, e.g. KJV.zip

The content of the zip will be (using the KJV for an example)
	(note the conf name is typically in all lower case)
	(note: the directory name containing the module files generally
matches the conf name, but it has to match the DataPath in the conf)

The following would be run in the pub/sword/raw directory of your ftp
To zip up the KJV, I use a command like
	zip -u ../packages/rawzips/KJV.zip mods.d/kjv.conf modules/texts/

To create mods.d.tar.gz I use the following command
	tar czvf mods.d.tar.gz mods.d

 From a practical perspective, you need to make the ftp directory
accessible via http.

In His Service,