[sword-devel] J-Sword Repositories (WAS [sword module repository])
dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 16:53:16 MST 2006
It would take a few things:
1) Pull the ftp code we used to have out of jsword-limbo.
2) Change it so that it works through corporate firewalls that block
3) Change it so that it works with the default security settings of
4) Change it so that it works on a Mac, through its default firewalls
settings for OSX 10.3 and OSX 10.4.
5) Fix the reliability problem or incomplete downloads caused by the
user closing the program or general unreliability of the network
during a download.
6) Solve the performance problem of downloading each piece of a module
7) Ensure that multiple FTPs can work in separate threads.
8) Add "passive" as an option.
If you think you are up to this, I can guide you through the code we
On Nov 6, 2006, at 5:32 PM, David Overcash wrote:
> JSword and BibleDesktop Devs,
> Let's work to fix this issue of repositories not working as they do in
> regular sword and it's frontends that Troy referenced:
> "JSword currently use their own custom HTML methods for doing module
> installation. You can chide them publicly (please) for that."
> What would be required to fix this problem? How exactly are module
> repositories handled by JSword that differs from the FTP listing that
> Sword uses for it's front ends and module installation?
> I've created a small patch for BibleDesktop already with reference to
> a font issue in Linux, so I am feeling a bit more comfortable with
> that branch of code now than I did before. I'm willing to help where
> David Overcash
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel