[sword-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offer help (portuguese module?)

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Wed May 31 18:22:41 MST 2006

I thought I had this answered, but couldn’t find it in the
list archives, so here it go again.  Sorry if it is a duplicate.

     	BTW, please check your MUA, it is prepending a ‘Re: ’ every
time you answer.

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:50:00 +0100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F3natas_Ferreira?=
wrote:

> Em 2006/05/31, às 01:27, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA escreveu:
>
>> 	But to sum it up: besides infringing IBB’s copy rights, if we
>> put something else than Revisada to fill up PorAA’s omission, we would
>> create an textual Frankenstein.
>>
> I agree, but only in part. I was only trying to help solve a problem that
> I see no solution for it in the near future. And I'm sure I have enough
> expertise to do the minor changes we'd need to do (even though I'm not a
> scholar).

	The problem here is not minor changes, but the omissions.
They should be restored from the original, not transplanted from
another text nor retranslated.

> Anyway, I think we'll not get anywhere with this discussion. JUERP will
> not answer sooner enough

      	They have already answered, ¿haven’t you read their answer?  As
I said, check the archives.

> (although I think they will never ask we remove
> PorAA for the same reason).

  	Sorry, I didn’t got your reasoning.  ¿Which reason?

> My work, for now on, is to start asking for
> permissions for other versions.

  	Good.

> ARC is a good start.

      	¿Which one?  The public domain ones are obsolete, I think
Tradução Brasileira would be a better start.

	That is, supposing you are talking about Revista e Corrigida.

> I have a module built and I have a hard copy of it with no copyright
> statement (SBP's edition).

  	Lack of a copy rights statement means nothing at all.  We need
to know the date of publication and the country’s legislation.

> Also, if you brazilians want, we can have booth portuguese ARC and
> brazilian ARC. I can read both, anyway, as well as all the portuguese I
> know, educated or not. I just like ours better than yours.

  	I am fazed.  ARC is a Brazilian version, it is RA which is
considered ‘lusitanisante’.  Are they correlated?

> In the mean while, I'd like to take a look at the AVR module that you
> created, Leandro. I can't find a working link in the list. This link —
> http://dutra.fastmail.fm./pt-BR_JFA_Rev2.(osis|ubnd).bz2 — is a dead end.
> As well as all the others I tried (except for one that didn't had what I
> wanted...). Can you send me a working link?

  	Two problems here.  First, my web site provider has stopped
honouring the root domain in the canonical form of the domain name;
second, you missed the regexp at the end.  So, go for
http://dutra.fastmail.fm/pt-BR_JFA_Rev2.osis.bz2 for example.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL