[sword-devel] Re: Kjv2006 markup

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Sat May 13 05:39:03 MST 2006

* paragraph grouping
<lg> ... </lg>

> DM Smith wrote:
> The paragraph markers are represented with <milestone type=\"x-p\"
> marker=\"¶\"/>

Several comments:

* After doing mod2vpl on Kjv2006, a hex viewer showed these to have an
extra character: an 0xC2 before the ¶

* Which will the final Kjv2006 have? <lg> or <milestone type=\"x-p\"
marker=\"¶\"/>

* Can the paragraph tag be at the end of the previous verse, rather
than the beginning of the verse? This is how the GBF <CM> tag and the
NET's "double milestone" is done (see below). LcdBible geneates the
RTF superscript verse number at the start of the verse, so Ps 23 is
rendered as:

1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.2 He maketh me to lie down
in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He
restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his
name's sake.4 Yea,

and Gen 1 is rendered:
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.2 And the
earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of
the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.4 And God saw
the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the
darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. 6
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and
let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the
firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from
the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.8 And God
called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the
second day. 9
And God said,

I can fuss with the code to rectify this, but wanted to check if the
markup can be done similarly to GBF <CM>. Also, the NET Bible seems to
use <milestone type="line" /><milestone type="line" /> (or <milestone
type="line" /> <milestone type="line" />) at the end of the verse that
completes a paragraph, rather than the start of the verse that starts
a paragraph. The ESV doesn't seem to have paragraph markup.