V11n was Re: [sword-devel] Jonah 1.17 / 2.1

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sat Mar 25 03:17:06 MST 2006

Hey Troy,

Am Donnerstag, 23. März 2006 23:56 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:
> I realize that Bibletime, and obviously JSword, don't see much benefit
> in the SWORD engine, as it stands now.

That's not true. It would imply invalidating everything that we have done
together at crosswire.

> Basically, what you are both suggesting is removing the entire concept
> of a common engine-- which JSword doesn't use now anyway--

That's not true either.
Our suggestions may have been ambiguous. We didn't intend to say "Hey! Let's
drop the Sword engine and start doing our own cool stuff!". We wanted to say
"Hey! Let's talk about extending the Sword engine to do new cool stuff!" That
may have been unclear, but I hope that the latter is allowed in a Sword
Developer's Collaboration Forum.

> and Bibletime
> seem to currently have a 'work in spite of the limitations of' mentality.

That is partly true. Moving ahead is not always easy.

Peace,

mg