[sword-devel] Jabber Bible chat bot

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Mar 2 03:37:16 MST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, K.A.Braselmann wrote:
> really NICE & COOL! I've got a jabber server. will implement in the next days.
> I'm using ejabberd on a Linux Box, but i think its no prob with python.

You don't even have to have a jabber server because the bot is a normal
client. You could make an account for it in any server. However, I think
it's better to use the bot in such manner that the server administrator
knows how the account is being used.

The downside of being an ordinary client is that you cannot publish it
as a service on your server. You have to advertise it in some other way.
Probably you want to make a new jabber account on your server, e.g.
biblebot at your.server.org, and then publish it on a web page or send a
message to your server's users.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland