[sword-devel] ParseVerseList

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jun 4 23:31:30 MST 2006

Manu,

	You're really close with the syntax.  You can just use list directly if
you'd like.

> sword::VerseKey vk;
> sword::ListKey list = vk.ParseVerseList(key, vk, true);
> for(list= TOP; !list.Error(); list++)  {
   cout << list << "\n";
}

Here's the complete content of a sample file I just tried:

#include <sword/versekey.h>
#include <iostream>

using std::cout;

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
   sword::VerseKey vk;
   sword::ListKey list = vk.ParseVerseList(argv[1], vk, true);
   for(list= sword::TOP; !list.Error(); list++)  {
     cout << list << "\n";
   }

   return 0;
}

compiled with:

g++ -I/usr/include/sword -o parse parse.cpp `pkg-config --libs sword`

And yes, you're right!  We should break on the space and not combine
into one number (Daniel 5:207).  Thanks for pointing it out.  The code
is ugly in there.  If you have a patch, I'd commend you as very brave
and would be grateful at the same time!

	-Troy.