[sword-devel] Verses in WLC hebrew and other languages modules

Jónatas Ferreira jonatas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:53:40 MST 2006

Hi,

As you know, the Hebrew Bible sometimes has a different verse
numbering system. For instance, in the Psalms, most of the titles
like "Psalm of David" (מִזְמֹור לְדָוִֽד) is verse nr.
1, while in most of the other versions it's not. So, we get a little
problem: when we display multiple versions, we don't have a
correspondence. The same thing happens with other situations: for
instance, in the portuguese ARC and ACF versions there are some
chapters that have 1 verse more than KJV.

My question is: is there a way (or is it being worked out) to solve
this problem?

In some programs, like BibleWorks, they made a workaround and they
display different verse numbers for each version in order to
correctly display the same words for each translation.

Jónatas