[sword-devel] Re: [jsword-devel] Debian Installer

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:30:34 MST 2006

On 10/01/06, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Daniel Glassey wrote:
>  On 11/01/06, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>  To all Linux developers,
>
> Would anyone be able/willing to create a Debian installer for
> BibleDesktop/JSword?
>
>  I don't have any time for a couple of weeks but I can give advice if
> someone wants to give it a go.
>

>  It consists of 3 jars that we create and several others from 3rd parties
> (mostly from jakarta).
>
>  Which 3rd party ones? Hopefully there are already in Debian so they
> won't have to be bundled.
>
>  These are the 3rd party jars. The first 6 are available as RPMs on
> jpackage.org. So these should already be available.
>  The last one is from Sun.
>  commons-codec-1.3.jar
This one is in debian

>  commons-httpclient-3.0.jar
This one currently at an earlier version commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar

>  commons-loggin.jar
Do you mean commons-logging.jar? If so, it is there.

>  commons-net-1.4.1.jar
earlier version commons-net-1.3.0.jar

>  lucene-1.4.3.jar
in Debian

>  jdom-1.0.jar
This is there as jdom1-1.0.jar

>  jlfgr-1.0.jar -- Java Look and Feel Graphics Repository.
This one isn't there. I can't tell if the license is ok to go into Debian.

Will the earlier versions work ok?

Regards,
Daniel