[sword-devel] Comparing Verses

Chris Umphress umphress at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:18:17 MST 2006

On 1/17/06, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When Chris Umphress included the link
> http://kohl.wikimedia.org/~avar/gpl3/wdiff.html
> regarding the differences between GPL v2 and v3 (proposed) it got me thinking:
> "Is there any open source software that can be used to create a visually pleasant markup of the comparison of two verses?"
> Does anyone know of any?
> I don't care what language it is written in as it is the algorithm that is important.

I found that link in a comment posted on Slashdot. Previously, I had
not heard of (or gone looking for) a tool to generate differences on a
word-by-word read-through. I believe this was the tool used:

I haven't been able to compile it yet, but the source should have the algorithm.

Chris Umphress <http://daga.dyndns.org/>