[sword-devel] Turkish module

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 17:25:10 MST 2006

OK, so I don't know Turkish.  I don't pretend to know Turkish.  I hope
someday to know it, but I do know a little about OSIS.

The problem just seems to be that the text for the "misplaced" verses is
placed within the following reference.  As for correcting those mistakes, if
you happen to know Turkish, you could just move the text that is in the
wrong place to be in the right place.  Currently I see the following on
lines 22 & 23 (as vim counts them):

                <verse osisID="Matt.1.1"></verse>
                <verse osisID="Matt.1.2">İbrahim oğlu, Davut oğlu İsa
Mesih'in soyuyla ilgili kayıt şöyledir: İbrahim, İshak'ın babasıydı. İshak,
Yakub'un babası; Yakup da Yahuda ve onun kardeşlerinin babasıydı.</verse>

Now, if I understood your first post correctly, then the material in line 23
actually contains the text of Matthew 1:1 and 1:2.  In that case, you might
just want to rearrange the text to read something like this (presuming I
divided the verses in the correct place:

                <verse osisID="Matt.1.1">İbrahim oğlu, Davut oğlu İsa
Mesih'in soyuyla ilgili kayıt şöyledir:</verse>
                <verse osisID="Matt.1.2"> İbrahim, İshak'ın babasıydı.
İshak, Yakub'un babası; Yakup da Yahuda ve onun kardeşlerinin
babasıydı.</verse>

It looks like the same problem appears in Matthew 2:1 and 2:2.  I don't know
how often it reoccurs, but simply copying and pasting the text from the
"wrong" place and into the "right" place should fix the problem, once you
re-import through osis2mod.  Does that seem to work?

--Greg