[sword-devel] Sword Project & Media Coverage

DC Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Wed Jan 11 23:15:04 MST 2006

Please pardon my somewhat OT post.  I hope that any/all of the project leads
and others will realize the benefit of my post.

Some may already know this, but a few months ago, I became an editor at
LXer.com.  My 'beat' includes the faith community (especially the Christian
community).  As always, I am interested in drawing as much attention as
possible to our community.  Last year, I wrote one of my first free-lance
articles, "GNU Believers" for NewsForge.  Now I'm writing regularly
(practically full-time) for LXer.

I recently wrote up the release of Bible Desktop 1.0:

This actually convinced some folks to download/install Bible Desktop.  I don't
know how many, though I assume the Bible Desktop team can determine whether
there's been a surge in downloads.  I've also published a tutorial for
installing BibleTime on SUSE Linux 10.0.  It's great publicity for your
projects, something that developers should take advantage of.  I tried
previously to start a website banner campaign that "advertises" the various
projects.  You can browse through the Oakdale/Matheteuo website
(matheteuo.org) to see what I did.  Now that I'm publishing news, I can take
a bit of a different approach.

Please let me know when you are releasing new versions and major updates of
Sword or the other projects.  While I lurk on several of the Sword lists, I
am not always able to keep up.  Project leads will want to send me an e-mail
(don at lxer.com).  If you are interested in writing a press release, or
publishing a security alert, you may submit those using the "Publish it here"
link on the front page, or here:

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/stories/add.php

If you're not comfortable doing publicity yourself, just drop me a line.

LXer (www.LXer.com) is a fully independent news site established by Linux
veteran Dave Whitinger in January 2004.  We have a daily audience of around
15,000 readers and growing.  More people are turning to LXer for its
readable, often updated news feed and comments. It has a very active
community, which creates a mixture of internal and external news stories,
editorials and tutorials covering a broad range of IT areas.

Blessings,
Don
--
Evangelinux