[sword-devel] new project proposal

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 2 14:20:52 MST 2006

Fabrizio,
	Thank you for considering working together in your effort for our Lord.
  I, personally, have had a desire to build a translation software suite
to facilitate a distributed Bible translation project.  We have
immediate plans for a 'SWORD Community Editor (SCE)'-- a web-based tool
to allow uploads of modules and community tagging, footnoting, etc.  My
hope is that this will be a good breeding ground for tool which will
facilitate the former.

	I'm hopeful to hear your ideas and am excited to work together with
you.  Please feel free to use sword-devel to communicate with our
community here, and if interest and traffic peak, we'd be happy to
create a separate mailing list to meet the need.  If there are any
services we might provide, please also let us know.  I hope you will
find that the true valuable advantage of CrossWire is a _community_ of
sincere engineers who desire to use their talent together for our Lord.
  The technical services are offer are a very distant second.

	Looking forward to working together,
		-Troy A. Griffitts