[sword-devel] Help wanted: Unlocking a module in MacSword

Will Thimbleby will at thimbleby.net
Tue Feb 28 03:07:31 MST 2006

Hi Joachim,

Sorry for slow replies. I hope to have a version of MacSword out by
the end of the week that supports entering cipher keys within
MacSword. Which should make it obvious and easy to work. At the
moment though the process will be much like you suggest. Except that
in MacSword most users will keep each module in its own directory. So:

1 Open the folder "gerhof2002" inside your Modules folder
2 Inside that open the folder mods.d
3 Open the file "gerhof2002.conf" in any text editor
4 Change the line "CipherKey=" to read "CipherKey=#####" where #####
is the cipher key you were provided with

But hopefully this will be unnecessary and MacSword will prompt the
user for a key on opening the module. Is there a custom config key
that provides a url for purchase?

best
- Will