[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer: SWORD_PATH

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 10:03:18 MST 2006

L.Allan-pbio wrote:

> (something I'm unclear about .... does JSword use the C++ api in some
> manner of "binding", or does it have an independent "reversed
> engineered" api written in Java?)

JSword does not use any C++. It is pure Java. It also does not call any
executables, such as InstallManager.exe.

JSword has two notions concerning modules:
It has a module path which is the set of all locations which it could
understand as having modules.
It also has an install directory where it maintains modules. This
defaults to ~/.jsword. The install directory is maintained as the first
directory on the module path.
The user can change either of these.
Currently, we only have one install directory, but our design calls for
having one per install site (e.g. stable, beta, CD, etc)

It handles duplicate modules on several paths by finding the first one
along the module path.
Only modules in the install directory can be deleted, since this is
assumed to be under the management of JSword.