[sword-devel] inquring about an official WEB update and also the gbf to osis converter....

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Mon Feb 6 21:39:55 MST 2006

Chris Little wrote:
> The text derives from the OSIS document on ebible.org (with only the
> header and apocrypha removed before running the importer), so it isn't
> conformant OSIS 2.1. But there is some chatter about changing the
> standard in various ways to accomodate presentational quotation marks
> more easily, so I'm hoping Michael Johnson will fix his converter once
> that happens. (Actually, if I recall, we identified syntax in 2.1 for
> marking presentation quotes and it hasn't been incorporated into the
> converter, so maybe he doesn't care.)
Actually, he does care. He just doesn't code to rumors. I haven't
noticed any firm, accessible documentation on OSIS that would lead me to
think that changing my converter would be appropriate. I don't really
believe OSIS will catch on, much, because it is possible to do much
better with a Scripture XML schema, at least from the perspective of
most of those who generate Scripture files (like Bible translators and
publishers). Anyway, thanks...