[sword-devel] How do you select verses from a range?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 15 04:42:38 MST 2006

Jari,
	The way multiple verses are rendered for the user is up to the client
software, not the engine.  You can decide if you show verse number,
verse headings, etc.

	Having said this, there is a Displayer concept in the engine which
allows you customize they way you want your output to display, associate
this with a book, then book->setKey(...), then book->Display();  I don't
have time to write an example for you right now, but if you still have
trouble in a few days (when the semester is over), I would be happy to
help you.  In the mean time, see SWDisp.  And for an example you can see
some of the other frontends, how they implement different types of
displayers.  Here is the Chapter displayer for BibleCS, which,
accordingly displays an entire chapter and highlights the current verse:

http://crosswire.org/svn/biblecs/trunk/swdisprtfchap.cpp

Hope this helps.  Glad you're making progress.

	Blessings!
		-Troy.