[sword-devel] Please vote for Sun to fix a Java bug

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 13:06:48 MST 2006

Johan van der Lingen wrote:
> notice that you can vote three times on the same bug!
>
> (not to be rude, but are any of these bugs being fixed? I saw some filed on
> 2002 and even 1997 and all have status "in progress"
I saw that I had multiple votes, but I didn't think I could vote more
than once per issue.

It appears that the most recent closed bugs are being closed as
duplicates of another, as "won't fix", "can't reproduce", ... Of those
that are being fixed, most are in Java 1.6. In a couple, of the big vote
getters, the response from Sun has been: We've released development to
the community, so go fix it yourself.

Editing a font is not all that hard, so that might be an option.