[sword-devel] VC compiler warning worth to take a look

Jari Strand strand_jari at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 07:40:46 MST 2006

Hi, I was compiling the library in VC++ express 2005 and it gave a warning
which seems to be worth to take a look.

Here's the output:

swunicod.cpp
...\..\..\src\utilfuns\swunicod.cpp(128) : warning C4806: '&' : unsafe
operation: no value of type 'bool' promoted to type 'int' can equal the
given constant

And here's the code snippet from that line (128):

    for (i = 1; i <= count; i++) {
      if (0xc0 & utf8[i] != 0x80) {
	return  0xffff;
      }

I don't know for sure what the warning means so you'll better make your own
conclusion. :)

I hope this helps.

God bless.

Jari.