[sword-devel] Finnish translation is ready

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 26 05:47:21 MST 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Eeli,
> 	Thank you so much for putting in the time to get BibleCS running under
> wine (I'm quite surprised it works!).

Well, it crashes quite often, runs very slow and some things don't work
at all, but I got my work done.

>  I would suggest including
> translation strings in your fi.conf file for the static strings and I'll

I did just that for the short strings. I guess that fi.conf is a good
start to other translators now, except that the strings are not in any
particular order. Non-translatable strings are at the end and there is
a general comment for them. Maybe you can use it also to find those
strings in the source code.

About the long strings: I wonder if it would be possible to have a
.conf file also for the default language. In the source code there could
be only a string which works as a marker or name for the real string,
which is in the .conf file. Like this:

help_for_some_situation_string = _tr("help_for_some_situation");

And in .conf:

help_for_some_situation=This is the long help text for some situation. \
 It's not in the source code at all so it can be updated without \

But then if translation fails for some other language the string should
be still tranlated to the default language, the original string cannot
be used.

	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland