[sword-devel] Finnish translation is ready

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 26 02:31:24 MST 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
It's ready now, it's in http://iki.fi/eelik/linux/fi.conf

I extracted the translatable strings out of the svn code with
an ugly and simple python script.

> Not all strings are internationalized. I'd like to translate also things
> like an error message when no Daily Devotional is installed:
>
> DevOfTheDay.cpp:48:     else    DevOfTheDay2->RichTip->Text = "A Daily
> Devotional is not installed [...]"

This is quite annoying problem. Users will see the low quality of the
user interface when English and some other language are mixed. Not only
long messages and some forms are hardcoded but also some small parts of
larger items. Even I previously thought that Finnish translation is
buggy, but now I see that it's impossible to make a good one (though
it's better now).

This is due to usage of Delphi files with hardcoded strings. Could they
be localized?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland