[sword-devel] Ubuntu

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 21 04:56:08 MST 2006

Hi there ........

Sorry if I'm slightly off-topic here.  Over Easter, I decided to update
my six-year old Linux so I could test a recent BibleTime with NET.  I
was amazed at how easy it was to install Debian compared with a few
years ago.  I wrote to the Debian folk to congratulate them, and one of
them wrote off list to say if I thought Debian was easy, I ought to try
Ubuntu.  I did.  I'm even more amazed!  Much, much easier than
installing Windows on a PC.  And Ubuntu let me install binary packages
of both BibleTime and GnomeSword ....  just fantastic!

So - if any PC user out there is thinking of going for Linux now's the
time.  Ubuntu is Gnome-based.  If you lean towards KDE, there's it's
cousin Kubuntu.  Both are derived from Debian, but are designed to make
the process of moving over easy for the pc user.

God bless,

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com