[sword-devel] Ubuntu

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 21 04:56:08 MST 2006

Hi there ........

Sorry if I'm slightly off-topic here.  Over Easter, I decided to update
my six-year old Linux so I could test a recent BibleTime with NET.  I
was amazed at how easy it was to install Debian compared with a few
years ago.  I wrote to the Debian folk to congratulate them, and one of
them wrote off list to say if I thought Debian was easy, I ought to try
Ubuntu.  I did.  I'm even more amazed!  Much, much easier than
installing Windows on a PC.  And Ubuntu let me install binary packages
of both BibleTime and GnomeSword ....  just fantastic!

So - if any PC user out there is thinking of going for Linux now's the
time.  Ubuntu is Gnome-based.  If you lean towards KDE, there's it's
cousin Kubuntu.  Both are derived from Debian, but are designed to make
the process of moving over easy for the pc user.

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com