[sword-devel] Customized install package for Mongolia

Adam Waller MyAllForChrist at CadLinx.com
Thu Apr 20 15:44:19 MST 2006

Thanks for the reply! See comments below:

That is what I was thinking, but thank you for clarifying!

> > 3. Is BibleCS the same as the Sword Project, and if so, has someone
> > already completed an NSIS installer package? I know there
> was quite a
> > bit of discussion on it in the last few months, but then the
> > discussion suddenly stopped after March 9th.
>
> Yes, BibleCS is the same as the Sword Project for Windows.
> I have completed the NSIS installer and have given it to Troy
> who is now in the process of creating the release and the new CD.
> You can get the installer here:
> http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/biblecs
> You are welcome to use it as you see fit, under the terms of the GPL.

Thank you for the installer link! I am really impressed with the quality of
your work. This will be really helpful to use as a template for the
Mongolian installer.

> > 3. The planned CD would include three main items.
> >     a. Copyrighted MP3 audio files of the New Testament in
> Mongolian.
> >     b. The SWORD Project software and a number of free modules
> > downloaded from your website.
> >     c. A version of the Mongolian Bible module, which they
> are not yet
> > ready to distribute for free.
> >     Is there any problem with the Bible Society selling
> this package?
>
> You are free to sell the MP3s of the NT in Mongolian and the
> Mongolian Bible module. As to BibleCS you need to make it
> clear that it is free software under the GPL. You may also
> distribute the other Sword modules, but make it clear they are free.
>
> You may also want to consider locking the module and in the
> conf state how the unlock key can be purchased. Then you
> could have the module distributed at CrossWire the same as
> GerHfaLex2002 (see
> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=Ger
HfaLex2002).

That is an excellent idea. I will plan to check into this further.