[sword-devel] Customized install package for Mongolia

Adam Waller MyAllForChrist at CadLinx.com
Thu Apr 20 00:33:02 MST 2006

Dear team,

I have been working with the Mongolian United Bible Society (MUBS) and
another developer to produce a Mongolian Bible module for The SWORD Project.
We have completed the module, and it has been in testing since last summer.

I am currently working with MUBS to help them prepare a CD master with the
Mongolian Bible and SWORD software that they can use for wide scale
distribution in Mongolia.

Since most of the locals have a limited knowledge of English, I proposed
making an installer using NSIS that would be as simple as possible on the
user interface, and would install a basic set of modules and and set the
user interface and fonts to Mongolian.

With this in mind, I have been working over the past several days to build a
suitable installation package. They are hoping to have this sent to Korea
within the next couple days for mass duplication of the CD.

Another factor in this project is that here in Mongolia there is a mixture
of cp1251 and Unicode keyboard layouts. I have created a custom page on the
installer that allows the user to choose the desired format for the
Mongolian module, and if needed, test their keyboard to determine the
correct format.

Before I finish this project, I wanted to clarify a few things:

1. Is it okay to create and distribute a customized installation of the
Sword Project software for Mongolian Bible Society, or am I heading the
wrong direction on this project?

3. Is BibleCS the same as the Sword Project, and if so, has someone already
completed an NSIS installer package? I know there was quite a bit of
discussion on it in the last few months, but then the discussion suddenly
stopped after March 9th.

3. The planned CD would include three main items.
    a. Copyrighted MP3 audio files of the New Testament in Mongolian.
    b. The SWORD Project software and a number of free modules downloaded
from your website.
    c. A version of the Mongolian Bible module, which they are not yet ready
to distribute for free.
    Is there any problem with the Bible Society selling this package?

Please let me know as soon as possible if we need to hold up the project for
further review.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

In Christ,

- Adam

Adam Waller ~  <blocked::mailto:MyAllForChrist at CadLinx.com>
MyAllForChrist at CadLinx.com

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if
we faint not." - Galatians 6:9