[sword-devel] Development IDE for Linux?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 15:18:29 MST 2006

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm probably just dreaming to get something like Eclipse/Java for C++.
> I think it's mostly the lack of navigation features and no refactoring.

I just fired up Eclipse with CDT and refactored ListKey to Fred. There
were lots of warnings,
but it look like it worked correctly and completely.

Looks like it at least has rename refactoring for class, method, fields
and arguments.

There may be shortcomings as the CDT website says that it does not have
refactoring.

As far as navigation goes, it has (Ctrl-)F3 to go to the declaration or
definition of a method.
But not much more than that.

It looks a bit crude (in comparison to the JDT).

Integration with Subversion (via subclipse) looks complete.