[sword-devel] For God Opposes the proud but gives grace to the humbe

Kurt Andrews Kurt.W.Andrews at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 8 22:22:32 MST 2006

Folks,

I spent most of the day trying to get a development environment for
Sword set up on my Mac.  If there are any Mac developers out there
I'm feeling pretty humble at the moment and could use a little
guidance.  I got side tracked trying to get gtk2 and swig to build
and spent most of the day trying to find the right email list to
subscribe to, and ask the right questions.  I still haven't got it
working.  Maybe I've been doing Java programing for too long...

Looks like I could use  a general introduction to the build system
used in most open source projects Seams like they've taken Make to
the next level since I used it last... some where around 1983...

I also tried to find some notes on connecting to the subversion
repository.

In short I think I've got a bit of leaning to do.  Dose the sword
project have a wiki.  We use one at work for technical
documentation.  Since I'm going to have to come up the learning curve
a little, I could document as I go.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Kurt