[sword-devel] BDB?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 15:11:43 MST 2005

Chris Little wrote:

> DM Smith wrote:
>
>>    I am then wondering why Naves is online. According to nave.doc
>> that is part of the module, it taken from a particularly buggy etext
>> and was fixed to be 99% correct. As I have obtained the original of
>> the fixed etext and am working on converting it into OSIS, I am
>> concerned that it will be unacceptable as it is from an etext which
>> may not be the same as the original. Any advise? (Obviously from my
>> other posts, I am adverse to copyright infringement and if I cannot
>> be sure that I am working with PD, I will do something else.)
>
> I wouldn't worry about that. If you haven't put a lot of work into the
> Nave's text already, you might consider using the version CCEL
> released recently as a base: http://www.ccel.org/ccel/nave/bible.html.
> It's based on the same text files, but their ThML edition has all
> cross-references marked.

Chris,

I saw that and am considering using xslt to transform the ThML version
to OSIS. It also has some significant structural markup as well.

So far I have been working on a structural model to use. The TEI
dictionary schema, which OSIS plans to use, has lots of flexibility. I
am thinking of figuring out how to use it, submitting it to the OSIS
folks for review, with ample samples. Hopefully, it will help move the
adoption. From that I can use XSLT to transform it to a form that will
work as a sword module.

Once I have that I will evaluate whether it would be easier to go from
CCEL's ThML using XSLT or the raw original using perl or java.

As I have been busy with "life, the universe and everything", I have not
gotten as far as I would have liked.

Thanks for continued encouragement,
    DM