[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

Lynn Allan l_d_allan at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 22 05:16:41 MST 2005

Troy,

I've used the NSIS installer a fair amount, although with "native 1.x"
scripting rather than with Eclipse. I was able to get setup.nsi to
compile and run, and wanted to check if you have resolved your
questions before looking closer.

> There are a few things missing:
>     Launch Readme.txt and wait for close BEFORE launching
InstallManager.exe

NSIS has the .onInstSuccess standard routine that may help. You may
want to invoke InstallManager.exe with this (below code also
illustrates dealing with SWORD_PATH environment variable):

Function .onInstSuccess
  ClearErrors
  ReadEnvStr $R0 SWORD_PATH
  MessageBox MB_OK "LcdBible ver ${VERSION_DISPLAY} (${DATE_DISPLAY})
\
  $\r$\nMini Tutorial for new users: \
  $\r$\n1. *********** LcdBible info goes here *******************. \
  $\r$\nFeedback appreciated: LcdBible_at_yahoogroups.com \
  $\r$\nSWORD_PATH should be set. Currently = $R0 \
  $\r$\n \
  $\r$\nLcdBible will start as soon as you click on the 'OK' button.\
  $\r$\nEnjoy! LcdBible is 'freeware' (no charge)"
  Exec $INSTDIR\LcdBible.exe
FunctionEnd

>     Registry keys correct so Windows Module self-installers
(website,
> module download, windows) know where to unzip themselves.
>     Uninstaller successfully launching "$INSTDIR/InstallManager.exe
> -uninstall" to uninstall all modules

Are these still unresolved? I can perhaps help ... also, there is an
extraordinarily active and helpful NSIS installer forum that I've
found incredibly valuable.
http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=65